Karamel will officially reopen at 4 pm on 24 June 2021.
Before that we have a series of pop-up events for limited audience…
We have been away far too long. Tom and Jason cannot wait to welcome back…
We reopen in June with a full bar, the craft beers and vegan wines you love, great music and spoken word events, but a limited food offer. Over the summer we will build up to a full food service, with your old favourites and a new focus on thalis and an exciting range of vegan Indian dishes.
Opening Hours …
Wednesday and Sunday 11:30am – 8pm
Thursday to Saturday 11:30am – 11pm
We have a very exciting opening programme
Thursdays and Saturday world music / jazz
Friday nights are spoken word events
Wednesday nights is our networking night – if you want to set up a networking event – let us know.
We will also be relaunching Karamel Kids, our early years arts sessions, to reflect the diversity of our beloved Wood Green.
This was made possible with support from a DCMS/Arts Council Cultural Recovery Grant.
Our event listings page: www.musicgluecom/karamel
We have been busy making improvements to the building. We always put your safety and welfare first. This has meant we have:
- Introduced an air filtration & circulation system
- Introduced a new lobby to reduce heat loss and create a one-way system
- Improved the heating system
- Renovated the gent’s toilets (sorry ladies you are next – as soon as funds allow)
- Greater space between tables
- Social distancing is observed
- Masks are worn when not at the table
- We require that staff take regularly Covid-tests
- Regular deep-cleans using fogging technology
This was made possible by the lottery.
Did you know?
- Karamel is a community enterprise, all profits made reinvested are reinvested into the Collage Voices and Collage Community programmes, supporting people in Wood Green and Tottenham to access creative activities.
- Collage Arts spend over a £1,000 every day on community projects and providing educational and training opportunities. This work transforms the life chances of young people, tackles loneliness in older people, or gives people a platform to say what is important to them. We are proud to deliver creative opportunities for over 1,000 people each year. In the process we also create hundreds of days of work for artists.
- Most of the energy use in Karamel is renewal energy from solar panels on our roof.
- We also working hard to ensure that we source sustainable and ethical supplier for Karamel. This includes a new focus on working directly with local vegan food heroes.
- Collage Arts has been a feature of Wood Green for over 35-years, and we plan to be here for a very long time. Come back and see us – we are nothing without you.
“Food for the soul” “Karamel is the heart of Wood Green’s Cultural Quarter”